Equip your fleet for the road ahead.
Help keep drivers in their own lane.
Help prevent accidents from happening.
Keep your drivers moving forward.
Get as close as you need without the worry.
Innovation that delivers
Overview: AP1 ADAS CAMERA
Remove complexity with the new AP1 camera, designed with all the ADAS/video features that you need and none that you don’t.
The all-new SmartWitness AP1 ADAS camera is a sleek and thoughtfully designed solution that combines critical ADAS functionality with a forward-facing HD camera to make video telematics easier and more accessible to small/mid-sized operators, with easy installation at a highly competitive price.
Easy and intuitive to learn and operate
This is a different kind of advanced technology. The AP1 ADAS camera is designed from the ground up to be intuitive at every level. It’s easy to learn and operate for both the driver and fleet manager. This minimizes training time and, equally important, eliminates the frustration that often results from the complexity of many video telematics solutions on the market today.
Adjustable-sensitivity ADAS alerts focused on the “critical few”
The AP1 camera’s ADAS technology is focused on the most safety-critical functions, including speeding, forward proximity, forward collision, forward vehicle start and lane departure. Adjustable-sensitivity audible alerts support driver safety and improvement in real time while sending alert data to the cloud for fleet owner/manager monitoring and awareness.
A truer truth, delivered
AP1’s HD video camera provides a 128-degree front view of the road along with in-cab audio recording to provide a complete and accurate view in the event of an accident. Add SmartWitness AI-enabled AIDE software at no cost to help ensure that when busy fleet managers receive an event notification, it’s not a false alarm.
Installation of the AP1 ADAS camera is fast and easy. This minimizes the disruption of fleet operations, accelerating system implementation and results.
The AP1 2-in-1 ADAS camera offers a compelling range of real benefits to fleet owners:
RECRUIT, DEVELOP AND RETAIN SKILLED DRIVERS. The AP1’s unobtrusive, driver-friendly ADAS feature set assists rather than annoys drivers, providing a manageable number of real-time alerts for safety and nonpunitive skill building. Forward-facing video and in-cab audio protect your operators from unwarranted blame in the event of an accident, and free AIDE software minimizes driver frustration over false positives.
IMPROVE YOUR FLEET NUMBERS. Reduced accident rates and shop time. Increased fleet productivity and decreased operating costs. Improved driver safety, job satisfaction and retention. These are proven, measurable positives of video telematics and ADAS technology. The AP1 delivers them at a lower cost than the competition.
REDUCE ACCIDENT, LITIGATION AND INSURANCE COSTS. With its unique, integrated combination of ADAS and video telematics, the AP1 improves driver performance and delivers reliable evidence to reduce costs related to accidents, litigation and insurance premiums.
MINIMIZE THE RISK OF NEW TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION. The AP1 is fast and easy to install, minimizing installation-related disruption of fleet operations. It’s easy to learn, reducing training time to a minimum. And the AP1’s competitive price provides operational improvement at a low cost. It’s a low-risk, win-win decision.
The AP1 feature set is tuned to deliver flexibility and results at an affordable per-unit cost:
- 2-in-1 device works with an existing telematics black box or without
- Practical, no-frills feature set
- Front-facing HD ADAS camera provides a 128-degree view for clear evidence of fault in accidents
- Secure, cloud-based data storage
- Free AIDE software add-on leverages AI for dramatically reduced false positives
- No driver-facing camera; unobtrusive driver interaction
- ADAS audio alert feature provides real-time feedback to help drivers stay safe and alert as well as documents issues to fleet manager
- Sharp ADAS focus on safety-critical alerts — speeding, forward proximity, forward collision, forward vehicle start and lane departure
- Fast/simple install — about 15 minutes per vehicle
- Intuitive/automated operation — very little training required
- Compact, low-profile device design
- API OBD/power connection cable
- AP1 lens angle cap, with a Torx®/hex key to fix the angle in place
- 5x adhesive wire clips (for securing power cable along the windshield edge)
- Alcohol wipe (for cleaning the windshield glass before installation of the AP1)
- Quick start sticker (with a QR code so customer can scan to install app and view installation instructions)
Find out for yourself.
We build more than winning technologies and solutions. We build relationships.
That might just be the biggest SmartWitness difference.
A Commitment to Partnership
Video telematics is all we do. Selling through the indirect channel is the only way we do it. This commitment to partnering with clients means that everything SmartWitness does supports flawless integration and clear partner differentiation.