ROAD & DRIVER-FACING SOLUTIONS
Commercial Fleet Cameras: Road and Driver-Facing
SmartWitness commercial fleet cameras protect your drivers, vehicles and cargo with video evidence to monitor driving behaviors and record exactly what happened in an incident.
CAPTURE ACTIVITY IN FRONT OF THE VEHICLE AND IN THE CAB.
Combining events with behaviors.
Pairing SmartWitness road-facing and driver-facing cameras provide valuable evidence of what actually occurred and how the driver reacted in the time around an event.
Video is particularly important in litigation, where road/driver footage can be the difference between exoneration and a huge judgement.
A driver-facing camera also is a great tool to support driver safety programs, focusing on potentially risky behaviors that can contribute to increased vehicle insurance or litigation costs, repair/maintenance expenses, or cargo damage.
SmartWitness AI technology dramatically reduces false positives that don’t require your attention such as harsh braking when traveling downhill or accelerating while merging.
SmartWitness video telematics systems and technology are designed to be modular to fit each customer’s precise needs. Choose the solutions that are right for you:
- Adds well-rounded context, shedding light on road events and driving behaviors simultaneously
- Reduces vehicle wear and tear by encouraging smoother driving
- Provides an overview of driver habits/problematic behaviors for individual coaching
- Can mitigate personal injury claims and exorbitant litigation costs
- Enables quick fault determination, faster claims resolution and false claims exoneration
- Can positively impact insurance premiums
- Independent owner/operators
- Long-haul trucking
- Transportation and monitoring of high-value cargo
- Gig economy drivers
Consider upgrading or adding additional cameras when:
- Increased vehicle blind-spot visibility (side/rear views) is required
- Better visibility of loading/unloading is needed
- You need to maintain visibility of cargo at all times (in-truck/back views)
- You require expanded accident reconstruction evidence (side-swipes, turns, blind-spot incidents, rear-of-vehicle incidents)
- You need to show video proof of services rendered/deliveries made
If any of these requirements apply to you, visit our commercial fleets road, driver & multi-view solutions page.
Combine the following SmartWitness road & driver-facing products for increased visibility:
- Powerful video transmission with built-in tracking and telematics data
- Optional second plug-and-play camera (050-B) can be connected to the main unit for recording the driver/vehicle interior
- Infrared to see more clearly at night
- Ability to capture the best angle through articulated arm feature
- Ruggedized design for dependable performance
- Infrared for clear night visibility
- Easy-add plug-and-play compatibility with CP2 dashcam
- Energy efficient low power consumption
Video goes beyond the camera
In addition to a comprehensive array of cameras, SmartWitness software solutions add configurability to meet your specific recording and data needs. A variety of features are available for our ADAS-enabled (AP1, KP2) and DSM-enabled (KP2) devices: