Concrete and Ready-Mix: Road-Facing
When managing construction heavy equipment fleets such as concrete and ready-mix trucks, a company’s most valuable assets are the operators, vehicles and equipment. SmartWitness heavy equipment dash cam solutions help keep an eye and ear on these assets, coaching operators with video evidence, recording exactly what happened in an incident and monitoring the impact of driving behaviors on events.
CAPTURE A CLEAR FORWARD-FACING VIEW OF ROAD EVENTS.
Capturing the truth starts here.
Mounted on the windshield or dashboard, SmartWitness wide-angle, road-facing cameras are the starting point for video telematics, and one of the most critical. These cameras cover the front view of the vehicle/equipment, capturing the critical data and evidence needed to protect drivers, operators, vehicles and heavy equipment.
Whether vehicles are hauling people, materials or equipment, SmartWitness video telematics systems and technology are designed to be modular to fit each customer’s precise needs. Choose the solutions that are right for you:
- Adds context to external road events and harsh behaviors
- Easy to integrate—no need to add a new software system to manage video. Integrates into existing software systems.
- Ensures stops and deliveries are being made as planned, with video plus GPS/routing
- Enables custom event triggers for photos/video. Can be set up for every time a vehicle leaves a site or loading zone (via geofence), finishes a task, or completes maintenance.
- Speeds claims resolution and exoneration of operator/owner from false claims
- Mitigates personal injury claims and potentially high litigation costs
- Positively impacts operator behavior
- Reduces vehicle wear and tear by encouraging smoother driving habits
- Can positively impact insurance premiums
- Shows what the driver could see before, during and immediately following an incident
- Fleet or equipment managers just starting a video program
- Hauling/utility vehicles
- Passenger vehicle owners/drivers
- Mobile workforce/sales personnel
- Drivers consistently operating in extreme road conditions
Consider upgrading or adding additional cameras when:
- Instituting a driver safety, behavior or scorecarding program
- You have to or want to add coaching to improve driver behaviors
- You need to link individual driver behavior with events
- You require advanced exoneration support—more data to show what the driver was doing before, during and after an event to address an incident or litigation
- Drivers are ready for immediate feedback and passive coaching through real-time device notifications, reducing the need for personal coaching sessions
If any of these needs apply to you, visit our concrete and ready-mix road & driver solutions page.
Choose from the following SmartWitness road-facing products:
- Powerful video transmission with built-in tracking and telematics data
- Infrared to see more clearly at night
- Ability to capture the best angle through articulated arm feature
- Road-facing camera with ADAS, safe driving alerts
- Telematics and video on one device
- Our smallest footprint, easy self-install—self-install requires telematics software, available through your telematics service provider or SmartWitness reseller
- Makes video telematics easy and inexpensive to add to your fleet
- Fast, easy install puts vehicles back on the road faster
Video goes beyond the camera
In addition to a broad lineup of hardware, we offer software solutions that are configurable to your specific recording and data needs. A wide variety of features are available: