ROAD & DRIVER-FACING SOLUTIONS
First Responders: Road and Driver-Facing
For emergency response vehicles, heightened urgency elevates risk. SmartWitness emergency vehicle camera systems protect your drivers and passengers with video evidence to monitor/coach driving behaviors and record exactly what happened in an incident.
CAPTURE ACTIVITY IN FRONT OF THE VEHICLE AND IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT.
Combining events with behaviors.
When the stakes are at their highest, it’s critically important to have the ability to review a driver’s reaction time and second-by-second decision making before and during an incident.
Pairing SmartWitness road-facing and driver-facing cameras in a single solution consistently delivers a truer truth. If there’s litigation, seeing what actually occurred and whether driver behavior was a factor can be key to avoiding potentially huge judgements.
SmartWitness video telematics systems and technology are designed to be modular to fit each customer’s precise needs. Choose the solutions that are right for you:
- Adds well-rounded context, shedding light on road events and driver behaviors simultaneously
- Supports driver self-management—AI can help drivers react in real time to avoid events
- Improves driver behavior and reduces potential for catastrophic incidents through real-time fatigue and distraction alerts
- Reduces vehicle wear and tear by encouraging smoother driving
- Provides an overview of driver habits/problematic behaviors for individual coaching
- Can mitigate personal injury claims and exorbitant litigation costs
- Enables quick fault determination, faster claims resolution and exoneration of driver/fleet owner from false claims
- Can positively impact insurance premiums
- Fire and rescue
- Police/municipal passenger vehicles
- Independent owner/operators
- Utility vehicles
- Passenger vehicle owners/drivers
- Mobile workforce/sales personnel
Consider upgrading or adding additional cameras when:
- Security policy requires a view inside the back of a vehicle at all times, for example to monitor passengers being transported, potential suspects or victims
- Vehicle tends to get caught in chaotic situations where damage is expected, and extra views are needed to determine root cause/fault
- Increased vehicle blind-spot visibility (side/rear views) is required
- Better visibility of loading/unloading is needed
- You need to maintain visibility of passengers at all times (in-truck/back views)
- You require expanded accident reconstruction evidence (side-swipes, turns, blind-spot incidents, rear-of-vehicle incidents)
- You need to show video proof of services rendered/deliveries made
If any of these requirements apply to you, visit our first responders road, driver & multi-view solutions page.
Combine the following SmartWitness road & driver-facing products for increased visibility:
- Powerful video transmission with built-in tracking and telematics data
- Optional second plug-and-play camera (050-B) can be connected to the main unit for recording the driver/vehicle interior
- Infrared to see more clearly at night
- Ability to capture the best angle through articulated arm feature
- Ruggedized design for dependable performance
- Infrared for clear night visibility
- Easy-add plug-and-play compatibility with CP2 dashcam
- Energy efficient low power consumption
Video goes beyond the camera
In addition to a comprehensive array of cameras, SmartWitness software solutions add configurability to meet your specific recording and data needs. A variety of features are available: