Return Material Authorization (RMA) Process
Let’s Make This Right.
At SmartWitness, we believe an important part of building strong relationships is working hard to make it right when things go wrong.
To obtain repairs or replacement, please follow the Return Material Authorization (RMA) Process below or contact the SmartWitness support team at 312-981-8774 x 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SmartWitness must receive returned faulty products from the SmartWitness partner, reseller or distributor within 14 days of RMA creation. Resellers or distributors are responsible for all shipping costs unless the item is defective upon receipt.
Ship product(s) in their entirety, without additional equipment not authorized, as specified in the RMA ticket. SmartWitness does not guarantee the return of any items not authorized in the RMA. Clients are automatically notified via email when a ticket is updated or resolved.
Our support team communicates with Clients in response to the specific details of their RMA submissions. Depending on the context and classification of the RMA, either standard or advanced, SmartWitness provides device repair/replacement.
NOTE: If purchase was made within 30 days, Support generates an advanced RMA and a replacement device is shipped to clients.
Reminders ensuring processing of your return:
- Carefully package product(s) to avoid any damage. SmartWitness is not responsible for any damages during transit.
- Label the shipping container with the RMA #. Equipment returned without a valid RMA number will be rejected.
- The fixed/replaced products will ship to the return address on the label unless otherwise specified by the reseller or distributor in the RMA ticket.
Resellers and distributors must follow the steps below for all returned items:
Register or log in to your existing account.
To set up a new account:
- Go to New Customer Registration.
- Fill out the required fields and click continue to create an account.
- To submit an RMA, follow the steps under registered accounts.
To request an RMA and submit a support ticket to the SmartWitness Support Center:
- Log in to the support portal.
NOTE: You may initiate an RMA through phone or email.
- Submit a ticket describing the problem and include the product(s) serial number(s).
- If we cannot resolve the issue remotely, we will respond to the ticket by providing an RMA number and return address.
- Ship the product(s) to our facility in Schaumburg, IL, with the RMA number clear and visible on the shipping label.
SmartWitness USA, LLC
ATTN: [RMA #, provided with your support ticket]
1016 Lunt Avenue
Schaumburg, IL 60193
NOTE: If materials are not shipped according to the above RMA criteria, your shipment will not be accepted.
SmartWitness will return the shipment and materials at the reseller/distributor’s expense.
Repairs/Replacements are contingent upon item(s) inspection after SmartWitness receives them.
If a product(s) is tested and considered in working condition, SmartWitness will return the product(s) to the client at the client’s expense.
Product(s) are fixed or replaced and then shipped back to the reseller or distributor. Our support team will update the RMA ticket with the resolution details and tracking number.